The Certified Data Privacy Practitioner (CDPP) is 16 hours of online course is spread across 4 days 4 hours each which includes 15 hours of training session followed by 1-hour online examination and is designed to impart knowledge about the requirements of GDPR, HIPAA & major data privacy acts of countries like Canada, Philippines, Germany, India, Austria and Australia.
The CDPP training course covers 8 Data Privacy guidelines and laws such as GDPR, HIPAA, IS0 27701 COPPA, and Multiple Worldwide Data Privacy Acts from across the world from countries like United States, Canada, Singapore, Philippines and Australia. The training shall provide a hands-on experience on how to implement security controls to protect customers Personal Information (PII) and protected health information (PHI).
Upon completion of the training, the participant would have an in-depth knowledge of the local and global data privacy guidelines, its importance and implementation. Below is the Table of Contents for the training. The CDPP workshop module is for 16 hours which includes 15 hours of training sessions followed by a 1-hour online examination. Below is the course outline of the training for your reference.Register your interest Objective of the program:
- Overview of privacy and data protection for the global organization
- Provide methods for protecting privacy using the Fair Information Principles
- Identify local and global laws and regulations that pertain to data protection
- Identify strategies for managing compliance issues related to different privacy laws and data protection acts
- Implementing data security in practice
- A useful privacy framework
Table of Content:
- Introduction to GDPR
- Principles of GDPR and data subject rights
- Concept of data protection impact assessment
- Liabilities and penalties of GDPR
- Introduction to HIPAA
- Identification of the standardized code sets as mandated by HIPAA
- Liabilities and penalties of HIPAA
- Introduction to US Federal Laws - COPPA, CALOPPA, CCPA, GLBA
- Terms and definitions of the different US Federal data protection law.
- Applicability and jurisdiction of COPPA, CALOPPA, CCPA, GLBA
- Liabilities and penalties of COPPA, CALOPPA, CCPA, GLBA
- Principles of COPPA, CALOPPA, CCPA, GLBA and data subject rights.
- Introduction to PIPEDA
- Terms and definitions of PIPEDA
- Applicability and jurisdiction of Canadian data protection law
- Liabilities and penalties of PIPEDA
- Overview of ISO 27701: The International Standard for Data Privacy
- Introduction to the Data Privacy Act of 2012, Philippines
- Introduction to the privacy Act 1988 – Australia
- Terms and definitions of the local data protection laws.
- Applicability and jurisdiction of the local data protection laws
- Principles of local data protection laws.
- Liabilities and penalties of local data protection laws.
- Data protection Implementation guidelines
- Identifying PII and PHI in your organization
- Inventorying PII and PHI and assigning ownership
- Developing security controls to ensure compliance with local data protection laws, GDPR, and HIPAA
- GDPR Privacy Impact Assessment
- Appointing a Data Privacy Officer (DPO)
- Roles and responsivities of the DPO
- Developing appropriate policies and procedures
- Board and senior management oversight on the privacy program
- Measuring the success of your privacy program
- How does local privacy laws co-relate with GDPR and HIPAA
- Key pointers to implementing compliances successfully
- Key Challenges in DPA/GDPR & HIPAA implementations
Terms & Conditions:
- Fees, speakers and dates are subject to change.
- Any cancellations received within the last ten calendar days would be liable for 50% of the course fees. Cancellations must be received in writing at least one week prior to course commencement. No-shows would be fully charged.
- Registered attendees who are unable to attend the above course can send replacements subject to one week’s notification. * Membership fee applies.
We are committed to respecting your privacy and we recognize the importance of protecting the information collected about you. All of the personal information that you have submitted during the registration shall only be processed in relation to your attendance to this event (i.e., processing of payments, issuance of the certificate, sending of any announcements, future events and activities). All the information that you have provided in relation to this event shall be protected with reasonable and appropriate measures, and shall only be retained as long as necessary in its processing.